- 2 POM® Original 12 Grain Bagels, halved and toasted
- 4 slices peameal bacon (¼ inch/5 mm thick slices)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 2 slices mild Cheddar cheese
Pat bacon dry with paper towel. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook peameal bacon for about 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Stir mustard with maple syrup. Spread evenly over bottom halves of bagels. Top with peameal bacon and cheese. Cap with tops of bagels.
Tip: Added shredded lettuce, tomato and onion to sandwich if desired.
This is also delicious with the addition of a fried, scrambled or poached egg.