- 16 slices POM® Ultra Moelleux White Bread
- 4 lb (2 kg) beef brisket pot roast
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beer
- 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce, divided
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pkg (340 g) coleslaw mix with cream dressing
Season brisket all over with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat; cook brisket for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well-browned. Transfer brisket to a slow cooker.
Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) water to skillet, scraping up any brown bits with a wooden spoon. Pour beer and half of the barbecue sauce over the brisket. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 10 hours.
Transfer the brisket to a cutting board; tent with foil and let rest while preparing sauce. Skim fat from slow cooker juices; transfer juices to saucepan set over medium-high heat; stir in remaining barbecue sauce for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
Slice brisket across the grain and toss with sauce. Prepare coleslaw mix according to package directions.
Assemble brisket slices, Swiss cheese and coleslaw between slices of bread.